Mobile applications are an integral part of our lives. From banking to social media, we rely on mobile apps for everything from entertainment to managing our finances. However, developing a mobile application can be a costly affair depending on several factors such as platform choice, complexity of features, and type of programming language used by developers. We are going to get deep insights on everything related to the cost of mobile app development and how a reliable app development company like Spectrics Solutions can help you in this matter!
Mobile App Development Cost – Factors That Affect the Cost
The cost of an app depends on the following aspects:
- How long will it take to develop?
- How complex is the app?
- What is the number of features in it?
- Which platforms do you want to develop (Android, iOS, or both)?
- Where is your project being developed?
- iOS App Development Cost > Android App Development Cost
The cost of iPhone app development is indeed higher than Android app development. The reason behind this is that iPhone apps are developed using Objective-C or Swift programming language (based on your need), whereas Android apps are developed using Java programming language.
There are several reasons why developing an application for iOS devices is more expensive than developing one for Android:
- Objective-C/Swift: It’s not as easy to learn as Java, which makes it more expensive for developers who have little experience in these languages;
- Apple App Store Review Process: Apple approves only 4% percent of submitted apps while Google Play Store allows 90% of submissions;
- Restrictive Guidelines: Apple has strict guidelines for designing and developing iPhone apps;
- Mobile Development Costs Increase With the Complexity of an App’s Features
The Mobiledev mobile development costs increase with the complexity of an app’s features. Some features like location-based services, social media integration or Near Field Communication (NFC) may cost extra.
Other common factors that can impact your Mobiledev mobile development costs include:
- The number of platforms you want to target: Android or iOS? Windows Phone? BlackBerry 10? Tizen? Windows 8 and RT? Google Glass? Smart TVs? If so, then you’ll need to hire mobile application developers who have experience in each platform and make sure their skills are up-to-date. And, you can find them at Spectrics Solutions, the best app development software company in Ahmedabad.
- In addition to this, you should also make sure that they know how to build cross-platform apps so that users won’t have trouble accessing them regardless of which device they’re using at any given time.*
- The type of application being built: Is it a simple utility application or something more complex like a game? The mobile application developers will charge different rates depending on what kind of functionality needs building into an app
- The Complexity of a Project Determines App Development Cost
The complexity of a project also plays a role in determining its cost. A simple social networking app can be developed at a lower cost than a complex healthcare management system.
- The complexity of an app can also impact its maintenance and update costs. A more complex app may require more frequent updates and bug fixes, which can add to the overall cost of the project.
- The technology stack used to develop an app can also impact its cost. For example, using newer or more advanced technologies may require more specialized developers, which can increase the cost.
- The design and user experience of an app can also impact its complexity and cost. A more complex design with custom animations and interactions may require more development time and resources, which can increase the cost.
- The size of the development team can also impact the cost of a project. A larger team may be required for a more complex app, which can increase the overall cost.
- Finally, the timeline for the project can also impact its cost. A more complex app may require a longer development timeline, which can increase the cost due to additional development and testing hours.
- Platforms Being Responsible for App Development Cost Plan
It’s important to note that some platforms offer free tools for developing hybrid applications (such as Xamarin) while others charge fees for their services (for example PhoneGap).
- Impact of Location on the Cost of App
The location where your mobile app development company is located can have an impact on its cost as well as the quality of work produced by developers working there. For instance, if you hire a software development company in India, they will charge lower rates compared to American teams because of the low wages in that country.
The same goes for other factors such as time zone differences and working hours (if you need 24/7 support). There are many questions that developers should ask themselves while determining the cost of an app in the context of location:
- How does the location of a mobile app development company impact its cost?
- What factors can impact the quality of work produced by development teams in different locations?
- How does the cost of living in different locations impact the cost of app development?
- What challenges can arise from working with a development team in a different time zone?
- How do cultural differences impact the development process and quality of work produced?
- What legal and regulatory considerations should you take into account when working with development teams in different locations?
A development team in a high-cost city may charge more than one in a cheaper city. Location affects communication and collaboration. Meetings and collaboration may be harder if your development team is in a separate time zone. Thus, evaluate local laws and regulations. Data privacy and intellectual property restrictions in various countries may affect development time and cost.